The right Venue for your Event
Planning an event can take its toll. There are so many things to consider. The fact that the venue is the number one reason of how an event would turn out only adds up to the pressure of finding the perfect venue for an event. So how do you go about finding the right venue? Simple, just keep the following tips in mind.
Start looking for a venue early
The key is to start searching for a wedding venue at least four to six months prior to an event. No matter how much planning you have got to do, an early booking would help make things easier.
When looking for a venue make sure to keep the following three things in mind
- Your budget. It’s important to choose a venue which fits your budget
- The size of the venue you would require
- The kind of event which you are planning
Once you are aware of the above three, it would be easier to find a venue.
Things to consider when searching for a venue
- The location of the venue. If it’s a local event you would probably want to hire a venue which is easier to commute to for the attendees.
- In order to make sure all attendees reach on time, you could even provide them with a mobile event app which would allow them to search the venue easily and choose the fastest possible routes to reach the event on time
- The parking availability. Is it something the guests would have to do themselves? Is there a possibility for valet parking? Make sure everything is decided beforehand.
- What the minimum capacity of the venue. How many people can it accommodate with ease? The even venue should be such that people don’t feel cloistered.
- The services and the amenities provided by the venue. Do they offer food and beverages at a low cost? Are they willing to offer discount if you spend a certain amount of money planning the event.
- Some venues have built in AV capabilities. If you are planning a corporate event, make sure there re AV facilities available.
- If it’s possible visit the venue at least once or twice. This would help you get a fairly good idea of how things would work out for your event.
- Make sure the ambiance of the venue matches with your event. A corporate event should be held in venue which suits it well and not something like a party venue.
- What kind of accessibility does the venue have? Does it provide ease of access to people who are differently abled. What about people who would be arriving in wheelchairs. These are some of the finer details which you should focus on. It would also help make your event more successful.
- The acoustics of the venue. Ever visited an event where you found the sound loud enough to cause discomfort. This is because the acoustics were too loud. Therefore choose avenue which offers the right acoustics.
Keeping the above mentioned things in mind would help you find the right venue.